Our site has moved!

You should be automatically redirected
in 6 seconds. If not, visit
popcorndoc.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Almost Ready To Launch The Official Site!

Hello Everyone!

I have to start off by saying that when I started off on this journey, I would've never expected that so many people would rally around me and offer help and support this project. But I guess it goes to show you how many of us nerds are out there :) The past few months have all been gathering momentum and finally we're going to start to see more come out of it.

Within the next week we'll be launching the official site for this project (thanks to our awesome webmster/ editor for the doc, Mike Boas!), and within the next few weeks I will be posting the link to the Kickstarter fund to help us raise the remaining money we need to make the documentary as well as finance our portion of making the dvd re-release happen. We'll be looking to raise roughly $16,000 to finance all of this. Like I said before, I'm not looking to make a dime off of this, I simply want to make this dvd re-release happen, and that requires a hell of a lot more money than I have haha.

Over the last few months I have also managed to get in contact with cast members, including LANYARD GATES! Seriously! That one I can attribute to the wonderful Malcolm Danare, who played Bud in Popcorn. Malcolm is so supportive of the doc and the re-release in general, and I can't begin to thank him enough! Thanks also go out to Elliott Hurst, Mat Falls, Kelly Jo Minter, Jill Schoelen and Dee Wallace who have also agreed to take part!

I know this doesn't seem like much of an update, but this is a slow process. Our hope is to have this dvd out by March of 2012 at the latest. But, I definitely want you to feel like you are a part of the ongoing process, because you are. And I would love to get your ongoing feedback and/or questions. Feel free to contact me anytime through email: Popcornthedoc@gmail.com or on our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/popcornmovie?ref=ts.

In the meantime, here are a couple of behind the scenes photos Malcolm shared with me, and I think you'll get a kick out of them!





Thanks again for all of the support!

-Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment