Our site has moved!

You should be automatically redirected
in 6 seconds. If not, visit
popcorndoc.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

A journey a long time in the making....

Greetings Fellow Horror Nerds!

My name is Kristy Jett and I am a Horror Journalist. I'm a cinephile and have been watching Horror films since I was about 4 years old. I've always been fascinated by them and the older I get the more I find myself obsessed with them, seeking out any and all information I can.

I can't remember how old I was the first time I saw the film Popcorn, but I was around 12 and I was addicted from that moment on. I rented it at least once a week at my local video store, I could quote it the way most kids could quote Saturday morning cartoons. When I was 26 years old I had my first idea for making a documentary about this film I found myself enamored of from such a young age. Popcorn has never been the greatest film ever made, nor will it ever be, but it has had a hold on me and many more people I have come across over the last 2 years that I  have been actively seeking out fans of this film.

Over the past year I have started the process of pushing for a re-release of the film on Dvd that has been out of print since 2001's Elite Entertainment production. Along with the Dvd release we are also pushing for a Blu Ray release.


We have just begun the pre-production process for the documentary by putting together a crew. Aside from myself we have Mike Dobrzelecki, an independent filmmaker who is currently wrapping production on a documentary in the vein of American Scary about Tennessee horror hosts called "The Tennessee Horror Show!" Next we have Mike Boas, a veritable Renaissance man who has worked in all aspects of filmmaking including animation, writing, directing, acting and editing. He has most recently worked on American Grindhouse, Night of The Living Dead: Reanimated, 3.14 and Mind Rip. Lastly we have Eddie Inman, co-writer and director of Seclusion and The Dead. As we continue on I will have more crew members to speak of, but for right now, these three are confirmed and I'm so happy to have them on board!


The next step of our pre-production will be raising money for the on location aspect of the documentary. I will go into more detail as soon as I have confirmed the last few locations to make this as complete as possible. Details to come! The thing I want to make very clear, and maybe this proves how candid I am willing to be throughout this process; I don't have any designs on making a profit from this project. My main concern is making a retrospective documentary for the fans of this film and introducing a whole new crop of fans to the film that has brought me to this journey. It's a documentary that will be made by fans for fans.


I hope to have a new update within the next month, but for now join the fight and sign the petition and join our Facebook group as well as follow this blog! Thank you for all the support so far, the fight has just begun!


-Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment